Welcome to Ms. Rodriguez’s Third Grade Class!
Important information for the coming week is as follows (6/14–6/18):
- Tuesday (6/15): Last day of in-person classes for Cohort B.
Wednesday (6/16): Last day of in-person classes for Cohort A.
- Thursday (6/17): Half Day online classes and Graduation for 8th graders.
This Week’s Story: “The Story of the Statue of Liberty”
Question of the Week: Why do we have symbols that represent freedom?
* Our weekly Vocabulary Words: “The Story of the Statue of Liberty”
1. crown – a head covering of precious metal worn by a royal person, such as a queen or king
2. liberty – freedom
3. models – small copies of something
4. symbol – an object, diagram, icon, and so on, that stands for or represents something else
5. tablet – a small, flat surface with something written on it
6. torch – a long stick with material that burns at one end of it
7. unforgettable – so good or so wonderful that you cannot forget it
8. unveiled – removed a veil from; uncovered; revealed
9. pedestal – a base on which a column or a statue stands
10. riveted – fastened something with metal bolts
11. sculptor – an artist who makes things by cutting or shaping them
12. initials – the first letter of words
13. patriotic – having or showing love and loyal support for your country
14. recruiting – getting people to join
3rd Grade’s Gym & Art Schedule:
Gym: Tuesday & Wednesday 12:20-1:00pm
Art: Tuesday 8:30-9:10am
- On Fridays, everyone is remote/virtual and students must be online at 8am. Attendance can be accessed through Google Classroom every Friday under the “attendance” topic.
- Zoom Meeting Links will be available on our Google Classroom page for your child to click on when he/she is learning remotely, as well as every Friday when everyone is learning remotely.
- It is a requirement for all students to have their full gym uniform on while on Zoom Meetings.
- All students must wear a mask in school at all times. Students will have access to hand sanitizer and non-toxic disinfectant wipes in all classrooms.
All of the remote learning work as well as our Zoom Meetings will be posted on our Google Classroom page, which will be updated daily. Below is the link to the 3rd Grade Google Classroom page. You can also access this through your child’s SCGSTL email by clicking the square on the top right corner and then clicking the green and orange icon that says “classroom”.
ClassDojo will also have important updates throughout the year, but we will mostly be making use of Google Classroom until further notice.
I am so excited to meet all of the incoming 3rd graders and their families, and to watch my students blossom throughout the year! Please feel free to contact me via email with questions/comments/concerns.
3rd Grade Teacher
*All classwork and scheduling may be subject to change at any point throughout our hybrid learning experience. Please check Google Classroom daily to find any changes made to our class page.