Welcome to Mrs. Shelley’s third grade!
A few ways to contact me:
-Class Dojo app accessed through cell phone or computer
Attendance will be recorded using google classroom.
Any student that does not respond will be marked absent for the day.
A form will be created daily. It will be titled Attendance with the day and date.
Students will answer a short question – “What is your name”
The form will be open between 8 AM and 9 AM.
You will only be able to answer between that time.
If you do not respond you will be marked absent for the day.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Third grade Week of March 30 Find daily assignments on Google classroom
Unit 5 Cultures
Essential Question: What happens when two ways of life come together?
Story selection : Jalapeno Bagels
Guided Question: How can different cultures contribute to the foods we eat?
Students will understand that food:
- comes from different cultures
- is shared
- can be a mix from different cultures
Students will be able to have a group discussion, read and write about
how cultures are alike and different.
- draw conclusions
- unfamiliar words
Students will be able to
- Identify unfamiliar words
- Read with accuracy
- Identify comparative & superlative adverbs
- identify vocabulary words and understand for meaning
- identify vowel patterns ei, eigh
- write an invitation
- use context clues when reading
- Use punctuation cues when reading sentences
Vocabulary words Jalapeno Bagels
- nutrition food or nourishment
- calorie a unit that measures the amount of energy a
- flavor the taste of a food or drink
- spice any flavoring or seasoning used in cooking
- nutmeg a hard seed of a tree that is grated and used
- grumble to complain or moan
- allergic an unpleasant reaction to something
- wholesome healthy and nutritious
- grate to break into small pieces by rubbing against a
- agent something that produces an effect by its
Yeast is an agent that causes bread to rise.
- ceiling 11. receive
- neighbor 12. weigh
- either 13. deceive
- eighteen 14. sleigh
- height 15. conceited
- neither 16. receipt
- weight 17. neighborly
- leisure 18. deceitful
- protein 19. featherweight
- freight 20. eightieth
Math continue practicing addition and subtraction with 3 digit numbers
with regrouping Students will be working on this with me
during zoom meeting on Tuesday March 31
begin Topic 10 multiply by multiples of 10
CCSS 3.NBT.A.3 multiply one digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range 10-90
Students will be able to:
- use an open number line to multiply
- use properties to multiply
- multiply by multiples of 10
- problem solve
Practice multiplication and division facts
Social Studies Unit 5 Communities and Culture
lesson 2 A visit to New Orleans
Objective:What is the culture of New Orleans?
Students will learn about:
- how a community grows
- sounds of a city
- what’s cooking in New Orleans
- Mardi Gras