Welcome to Ms. Rodriguez’s Third Grade Class!
- Month of March 2021: We will be celebrating Women’s History Month.
- Monday (3/29): Cohort A “Picture Day“. Students come in full uniform. No Gym uniforms.
- Tuesday (3/30): Cohort B “Picture Day“. Students come in full uniform. No Gym uniforms.
- Wednesday (3/31): Full Day. Last day of school before Easter Break.
**Students return to the building on Monday April 12th.
This Week’s Story: “Amazing Bird Nests”
Question of the Week: How have plants and animals adapted to solve problems?
* Our weekly Vocabulary Words: “Amazing Birds Nests”
- bill – the hard mouth of a bird
- goo- sticky stuff
- hunters – animals that chase other animals for food
- material – what something is made of or used for
- platform – a high, raised flat surface
- tons- measures of weight equal to two thousand pounds each
- twigs- small branches of a tree or bush
3rd Grade’s Gym & Art Schedule:
Gym: Tuesday & Wednesday 12:25-1:00pm
Art: Tuesday 8:30-9:10am
- On Friday’s, everyone is remote/virtual and students must be online at 8am. Attendance can be accessed through Google Classroom every Friday under the “attendance” topic.
- Zoom Meeting Links will be available on our Google Classroom page for your child to click on when he/she is learning remotely, as well as every Friday when everyone is learning remotely.
- It is a requirement for all students to have their full gym uniform on while on Zoom Meetings.
- All students must wear a mask in school at all times. Students will have access to hand sanitizer and non-toxic disinfectant wipes in all classrooms.
All of the remote learning work as well as our Zoom Meetings will be posted on our Google Classroom page, which will be updated daily. Below is the link to the 3rd Grade Google Classroom page. You can also access this through your child’s SCGSTL email by clicking the square on the top right corner and then clicking the green and orange icon that says “classroom”.
ClassDojo will also have important updates throughout the year, but we will mostly be making use of Google Classroom until further notice.
I am so excited to meet all of the incoming 3rd graders and their families, and to watch my students blossom throughout the year! Please feel free to contact me via email with questions/comments/concerns.
3rd Grade Teacher
*All classwork and scheduling may be subject to change at any point throughout our hybrid learning experience. Please check Google Classroom daily to find any changes made to our class page.