Welcome to Mrs. Shelley’s third grade!
Communication is key! We are all here for the same reason, and that is to make sure our children receive the best education they can. This means you and I must be a team. Learning does not only take place in the classroom, and it is very important that we communicate to make sure the needs of our children are met in and out of the classroom.
Reminder: Check OptionC as often as possible so that you are in the loop with your child’s grades.
A few ways to contact me:
-Class Dojo app accessed through cell phone or computer
-Class Folder: This folder goes home and comes back everyday. You must check this folder daily! Please send tuition or other money in an envelope with your child’s name and what it is for.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. I am confident that we will have a great year!
This week in third grade Nov. 5 – Nov 8 SCHOOL CLOSED FRIDAY NOV 9
ELA – Unit II Smart Solutions ELA test Nov 6
Essential Question: Which are smart ways that problems are solved?
Story Selection: Prudy’s Problem and How She Solved It
Guided Question: When is it time to find a solution?
Text based comprehension: draw conclusions and questioning CCSS informational text 1
Fluency – rate CCSS Foundational skill 4, 4.a, 4.b
Writing and conventions- irregular plural nouns, focus & ideas, writing an advertisement
CCSS Language 1.b, Writing 1.a, 1.b, 4
Phonics & Spelling- compound words
Speaking/listening 4, presentation
Oral vocabulary CCSS , Language 6
Vocabulary & Spelling for Prudy’s Problem
- rubble broken pieces of rock, stone, or other material
- impress to have a strong effect on someone’s mind or feeling
- exception something that is different from what is usual or the rule
- drastic to be extreme or forceful
- inflatable can be inflated or filled with air
- decade a period of ten years
- bulky large and hard to handle
- device a machine or appliance
- petrify to be frightened so much you can’t move
- portable can be easily carried
- sunglasses 11. butterflies
- football 12. lawnmower
- homework 13. campground
- haircut 14. sandbox
- popcorn 15. toothbrush
- railroad 16. thumbtack
- snowstorm 17. earthquake
- earring 18. scrapbook
- scarecrow 19. courthouse
- blueberry 20. whirlpool
Selection vocabulary words-
butterflies collection enormous
scattered shoelaces strain
Math – Topic 4 division and multiplication facts
Practice multiplication facts every night
Religion Chapter 25 We Are God’s Holy People Chapter test Wed Nov 7
- The word Saint means ‘one who is Holy’
- The Immaculate Conception is the belief that Mary was free from original sin the very moment of her life.
- The Assumption is the belief that, when Mary’s work on earth was done, God brought her body and soul to live forever with the risen Christ.
- God calls all of us to be saints.
- All people in Heaven and on earth belong to the Communion of Saints.
- We only pray the Hail, Holy Queen at the end of the Rosary.
- When we pray the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary, we recall Jesus’ life as a child.
- November 1st is the Feast of All Saints.
- Mary showed her love for Jesus in many ways. Mary listened to Jesus’ teachings. She believed in him. She was with him when he was dying on the cross.
- We can become a Saint by living our faith every day, learn as much as we can about Jesus and the way he treated others, and find out more about the lives of the saints.
Science Lesson 3 Plants and simple plants
- identify the difference between simple and other plants
- investigate what plants need to sprout
- learn about why seeds are important
- learn vocabulary words