Note: If you are having trouble playing the video, click the “Pop-Out” icon in the top right corner of the player.
Welcome to Ms. Rodriguez’s Third Grade Class!
Important information is as follows:
- October 27th: Progress Reports
- Trunk or Treat will take place in our School Yard (Parking Lot) at 12:30pm on Oct. 29th — Students may dress in appropriate Halloween costumes, or dress down in Halloween colors.
- November 2nd: Election Day–Virtual School Day.
- SCGSTL is a peanut-free school. NO PEANUT PRODUCTS! Checking packaging ingredients before sending lunch or snacks for your child.
- Parent Reminder: COVID Screenings MUST be done online by 7:15 am. No paper copies will be given at the door after Oct. 1st. No child will be allowed to enter the building without the screening done prior to entering the building. Our goal is to protect. Detect. Avoid school closure.
*Please keep in mind this is a Post-COVID school year and there are different procedures to enter the building.
- COVID Screenings must be checked before children enter the building. Screening MUST be done by 7:15 am.
- Make sure if it is raining, children have rain gear on as they wait outside to enter the building and we check to see COVID screenings have been completed.
- If it is cold, make sure children are wearing warm attire so they are not cold while we make sure their screening has been completed
- Children are considered late after 8 am.
- When waiting outside to either pick up your child or drop your child off, please wait in an organized line socially distant outside. The goal is to make sure we are setting positive examples for our children and acknowledging how important it is to stand patiently and socially distant when we are waiting our turn to enter the building.
This Week’s Story: “My Rows and Piles of Coins”
Question of the Week: What can we learn by trying new things?
* Our weekly Vocabulary Words: “My Rows and Piles of Coins“
3rd Grade’s Schedule:
Gym: Tuesday (12:35-1:20)
Computers: Thursday (11:35-12:20)
- School Uniforms: Please go over page 14 of the Student/Parent Handbook. The Student/Parent Handbook can be found on our www.scgstl.org page. The weather is changing. Please be sure to send your child(ren) to school with a sweater and or jacket.
Children should be wearing:
- Complete school uniform
- All black shoes. Girls: No ballet flats.
- No nail polish of any kind.
- Girls: No make-up.
- Girls: Plain burgundy, black, or gray tights or knee socks.
- When wearing the Gym uniform, girls can wear either the required sweatpants or school shorts, no leggings are allowed with the uniform.
- All students must wear a mask in school at all times. Students will have access to hand sanitizer, masks, and non-toxic disinfectant wipes in all classrooms.
Below is the link to the 3rd Grade Google Classroom page. You can also access this through your child’s SCGSTL email by clicking the square on the top right corner and then clicking the green and orange icon that says “classroom”.
ClassDojo will also have important updates throughout the year, but we will mostly be making use of Google Classroom until further notice.
I am so excited to meet all of the incoming 3rd graders and their families, and to watch my students blossom throughout the year! Please feel free to contact me via email with questions/comments/concerns.
3rd Grade Teacher
*All classwork and scheduling may be subject to change at any point throughout our learning experience. Please check Google Classroom and ClassDojo daily to find any changes made.