Week of 10/18-22/21
October 12th -27th –Terra Nova Testing/Makeups
October 27th–Progress Reports Distributed
October 29th–$2.00 Dress Down–black/green or black/orange–NO COSTUMES Trunk or Treat–Begins at 12:30pm Big Schoolyard
November 2nd: Election Day – Virtual Day
Virtual Week: November 29th – December 3rd.
Please feel free to contact Mr. Delvalle with any questions, concerns, and comments at email@example.com, or call the school office at 718-629-9330, leave a message, and I will return your call.
Note: If you are having trouble playing the video, click the “Pop-Out” icon in the top right corner of the player.
- SCGSTL is a peanut-free school. NO PEANUT PRODUCTS! Checking packaging ingredients before sending lunch or snacks for your child.
- Parent Reminder: COVID Screenings MUST be done online by 7:15 am. No paper copies will be given at the door after Oct. 1st. No child will be allowed to enter the building without screening done prior to entering the building. Our goal is to protect. Detect. Avoid school closure.
*Please keep in mind this is a Post-COVID school year and there are different procedures to enter the building.
- COVID Screenings must be checked before children enter the building. Screening MUST be done by 7:15 am.
- Make sure if it is raining, children have rain gear on as they wait outside to enter the building and we check to see COVID screenings have been completed.
- If it is cold, make sure children are wearing warm attire so they are not cold while we make sure their screening has been completed.
- Children are considered late after 8:00 AM.
- When waiting outside to either pick up your child or drop your child off, please wait in an organized line socially distant outside. The goal is to make sure we are setting positive examples for our children and acknowledging how important it is to stand patiently and socially distant when we are waiting our turn to enter the building.
Children should be wearing:
- Complete school uniform
- All black shoes. Girls: No ballet flats.
- No nail polish of any kind.
- Girls: No make-up.
- Girls: Plain burgundy, black, or gray tights or knee socks.
- When wearing the Gym uniform, girls can wear either the required sweatpants or school shorts, no leggings are allowed with the uniform.
Weekly Lesson Topic:
ELA – Check Ms. Cruz’s Google Classroom for her daily Homework assignments.
Math – Check Ms. Rau’s Google Classroom for her daily Homework assignments.
Science – Check Ms. Domino’s Google Classroom for her daily Homework assignments.
Grade 5: Students will continue to learn about the 5 Native Americans of the U.S..
Grade 6: Students will continue to learn about Ancient Babylon “Hammurabi’s Code”.
Grade 7: Students will continue learn about the Native Americans of New York State Algonquins and Iroquois.
Grade 7 Religion: Students will finish learning about Child lures.
Grade 8: Students will finish learning about the Reconstruction Era.