Welcome to Second Grade!
To speak with me with any concerns, you may write a note, DOJO message me, email me, or see me in the school yard at dismissal.
Important Classroom Reminders
- Student Arrival 7:45: Assemble in the large school yard.
- Student Dismissal 2:50: Please do not block the back door. Parents are to meet their child/children in the large school yard. Thank You!
- As the weather changes (rain, cold of 40 degrees or below, snow) students will enter the building through the Ave. D entrance. Students will then meet their teacher in the cafeteria for breakfast up until 8:05.
- Grade 2 will be using ClassDojo for all daily homework assignments and communication. Parents have been notified of class dojo and joining our class community. Please don’t wait get connected!
- We continue to practice the Core 4 to remain safe and healthy while in school.
- Masks are required for ALL Faculty,Staff and Students.
- Please remember to complete Daily the Health Screening for your child on FACTS By 7:15.
- REMINDER Our school is PEANUT FREE! Please do not send any peanut products for lunch.
- School Uniform: Students are to be in full uniform daily. Black shoes only for boys and girls. Girls no ballet flats, no nail polish, plain burgundy, black, or gray tights or knee socks. Gym uniform is school sweat pants and tee shirt, or school shorts. No leggings are allowed for the girls.
Students Out Sick
- If your child wakes up in the morning with a temperature, please DO NOT give your child ibuprofen and then send them to school. Keep them home. Monitor symptoms. Get them tested.
- Should your child(ren) be out from school for two or more days, your child(ren) must return with a negative Covid test.
- If you have multiple children that attend SCGSTL and one child is experiencing COVID symptoms or is COVID positive, the child experiencing symptoms AND their siblings MAY NOT attend school until a negative COVID screening is received, for all children.
- If your child or a member of your immediate household is waiting for a PCR reading because of possible positive COVID results, please DO NOT send your child(ren) to school until a negative result has been confirmed.
- Your child will only be allowed in the building with NEGATIVE Covid Screening upon their return to school after they have been sick.
- Please take the time to review our COVID Parent Handbook COVID Parent Handbook
- Due to the shortage of school bus drivers please make sure you have alternate transportation for your child in case a bus route is out of service.
- Letter from the Principal Health and Safety Covid Reminders
- ***If you are submitting COVID results to the school please submit them to: COVID@scgstl.org
Note: If you are having trouble playing the video, click the “Pop-Out” icon in the top right corner of the player.