Office of the Principal
May is here!! We honor Mary our Mother and pray for her powerful intercession. Please pay close attention to the calendar as we have many important things scheduled this month. To begin our month, Grades 4, 6, & 7 will have the NYS Math Test from Tuesday 5/4 (Cohort A) & Wednesday 5/5 (Cohort B). Please make sure students have plenty of rest and a nutritious breakfast prior to testing.
Please pay close attention to the important dates below:
• 5/12 Progress Reports available via Option C
• 5/13 Ascension Thursday (Students will attend Mass virtually).
• 5/14 Teacher PD (Students dismissed at 10:30am – independent work for afternoon).
• 5/15 Penance – Grade 2 10:30am Church
• 5/16 First Holy Communion 11:00am Church
• 5/17 Final IREADY Assessment ELA (Teachers will post schedule).
• 5/19 May Crowning (Virtual Grade 2 Cohort A)
• 5/20 May Crowning (Virtual Grade 2 Cohort B)
• 5/21 Virtual Rosary Rally (Details to follow)
• 5/24 Final IREADY Assessment Math (Teachers will post schedule)
• 5/31 School Closed Memorial Day
On Saturday May 22nd, The Board of Trustees is hosting a virtual “Mother’s Day Paint Party” fundraiser to benefit the Academy. Please visit scgstl.org and click on “Mother’s Day Paint Party” for more information.
Sunday May 9th is Mother’s Day let’s take the opportunity to say “THANK YOU” to Mom (Grandma, Aunts, Godmother’s, Sisters,)for all the great things that you do!!
Registration for new students is continuing. Please encourage family and friends to consider the benefits and values of a Catholic School Education. Applications are available online please call the school office for more information.