My name is Ms. Gillis. I am so excited to meet all of you! This will be an exciting year filled with lots of new friends, adventures, and learning. This will be my 1st year teaching 1st grade at St. Therese –St. Catherine Academy but I use to each kindergarten for 3 years at the Academy. Overall in my teaching career I’ve been teaching for 5 years and I look forward to growing alongside of you.
In this classroom the students are cared for. My goal is to encourage the students to be the best person they can be and support them in every way. I promise to do my best to help them learn and grow both inside the classroom and outside the classroom. The students have wonderful gifts, strengths, and talents and I can’t wait for them to share them all with their classmates and I.
Please feel free to contact me throughout the school year. I want to be your partner in supporting your child in any way. ClassDojo is the easiest and fastest way to contact me however, feel free to email me at any time as well.
Email – email@example.com
School Website – I encourage all parents to check the school website, Google classroom and option c for any updates and alerts.
Posted above is the actual footage of my classroom set up. Desks were arranged six feet apart and the middle desk (marked with the X ) will be assigned to each individual student on which they will place their school bags, jackets, coats, belongings, etc..
**Daily Home Screening for Students checklist must be submitted each morning
Week of April 12th – April 16th
Story Of the Week: I’m a Caterpillar
EQ: What changes can be seen in nature? (CCSS IT. 3.)
Sight Words: done-visit-know-wait-push (CCSS Foundational Skills 3.g.)
Phonics: Contractions & Vowel: r-Controlled er, ir, ur (CCSS Foundational Skills 3. & CCSS Language 2.d.)
Conventions: Verbs Am, Is, Are, Was, and Were (CCSS Language 1.e)
Spelling words: Vowels: r-Controlled er, ir, ur (CCSS Language 5.c.)
Topic 6 – Lesson 6-1: Organize Data into Three Categories (NY-1.MD.4)
EQ: How can you use a tally chart to record different types of data?
SWBAT organize data into three categories by making a tally chart. Students also interpret data in tally charts.
Topic: Easter-Resurrection of Jesus
EQ: How would you feel being the women who saw the empty tomb?
SWBAT recall the moment the women seen the empty tomb and how the disciples reacted to the news.
- 4/12 Classes Resumes
- REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR HAS BEGUN! Reregistration forms were given on 2/23 and 2/24. Take advantage of the Early-bird Raffle by having your forms in by March 30th.
- FACTS MAMAGEMENT APPLICATIONS for TUITION ASSISTANCE ARE ALSO AVAILABLE! Follow the link on SCGSTL.org under Admission/Tuition. Filing deadline for current families is April 30,2021!
- Zoom Meetings are scheduled for cohort students that are home and on Fridays.
- Students must be in full gym uniform while attending the zoom classes.
- Students arrive at 7:45 and assemble in the large school yard.
- Attendance for remote days is taken between 8 and 8:15
- Cohort A – Monday and Wednesday in school
- Cohort B- Tuesday and Thursday in school
- Cohorts A and B Remote on Friday: daily attendance post between 8:00-8:15. Students must be in their gym uniform.
8:20-9:05 Morning Routine/Calendar
9:15-9:55 Class Story/ELA via zoom
10:30-11:10 Math via zoom
1:0o -1:40- Art/ Religion/Science/Social Studies via zoom
1:45 prepare for dismissal
Cohort A: Monday gym class
Cohort B: Tuesday gym class