Reminder: Reregister for 2017 -2018 school year
School closed Friday May 26 and Monday May 29
Welcome to First Grade!
This week in First Grade May 22 -25 in ELA Great Ideas
Essential Question: What difference can a great idea make?
Story of the Week: Mole and the Baby Bird
Question of the week: How can we look at things in a different way ?
ELA- Comprehension : drawing conclusions, background knowledge ccss Literature 1 , 3
Fluency accuracy, rate, and expression ccss Foundational skills 4.b.
Writing and conventions – using voice in writing
writing a letter to a character, pronouns ccss writing 2, 5
Language 1.d, 2.d
High frequency words: door loved wood should ccss Foundational skills 3.g.
Spelling words: 1. mouth 2. house 3. found 4. our 5. ourt
6. cloud 7. ouch 8. shout 9. round 10. count
Phonemic awareness, phonics and spelling – vowel patterns ow, ou
segment and blend phonemes, create words, remove phonemes
ccss Foundational skills 2.b, 2.c, 3, 3.e
Speaking and listening share information and ideas S/L 1.a
Oral vocabulary ccss Language 5.c
1. freedom you are able to move around and do things without being held back
2. miserable unhappy
3. selfish you think only of yourself and not others
4. dawn early morning when it starts getting light
5. scaly covered with scales or flakes
6. speckled something that has small dots or patches that are more than one color
7. proper correct
8. scarcely hardly
Math – ccss 1.MDA.1, topic 14 geometry 2-D and 3-D shapes
Social Studies: maps and directions
Religion – Pentecost