Reminder: Reregister for 2017 -2018 school year
Fill out TADS application for Financial aide
Speak to Sister Pat if you need help
Welcome to First Grade!
This week in First Grade Feb. 27 – March 3 Unit 3 in ELA Changes
Essential Question: What is changing in our world?
Story of the Week: Frog and Toad Together The Garden
Question of the week: What changes happen in a garden?
ELA- Comprehension : Author’s purpose and visualizing ccss Literature 1, 3, 7
Fluency -expression and intonation ccss Foundational skills 4.b.
Writing and conventions – writing and expanding sentences and lists
and verbs for past and future ccss writing 2 Language 1.j, 1.e
High frequency words: afraid again few how
read soon ccss Foundational skills 3.g.
Spelling words: 1. plan 2. planned 3. help 4. helped 5. drop
6. dropped 7. call 8. called 9. ask 10. asked
Phonemic awareness, phonics and spelling – -r controlled ar, adding endings
segment and blend phonemes & syllables, add phonemes, isolate final phoneme
ccss Foundational skills 2.c., 3, 3.f., Language 2.d.,
listening and speaking- Poetry presentations ccss S/L 4 Literature 10
Oral vocabulary ccss Language 5.c
Amazing Vocabulary words
- gardener someone who grows a garden
- nature everything in the world not made by people
- humongous very, very big
- sprout to begin to grow
- dim not bright
- shade where light has been blocked from the sun
- sprinkling to fling small drops of water on something
- destroy to ruin something
Bring Box Tops And pennies
Math – ccss 1.NBT.C.4, c.5 Review Topic 9 comparing two digit numbers
Practice subtraction & addition facts
Topic 10 use models and strategies to add ten’s and one’s
Social Studies: communities, where we live, geography-maps
Science -Plants and plant parts, what plants need
Religion Chap 23 We celebrate the Mass
Religion Chapter 23 We celebrate the Mass
- The altar is the table of the Lord.
- The Gospel is the Good News about Jesus Christ and his teachings.
- When we pray “Amen”, we are saying, “Yes, I believe”.
- When people receive the Body and Blood of Christ, they say “Amen”.
- We get ready to receive Jesus in Holy Communion by praying the Our Father.
- Some things we do at the beginning of Mass are
- we pray the sign of the cross
- We stand and sing
- We welcome one another
- We ask God and one another for forgiveness