Office of the Principal
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy New Year!! We welcome the New Year and ask God to continue to bless our students, families teachers and staff. January will continue to be a busy month at SCGSTL so please pay close attention to the following up and coming important dates:
- Wednesday January 10th 8th Grade Graduation Measurement
- Friday January 12th Academy Closed for grades K-8 only – Teacher Professional Day
- Monday January 15th Academy Closed – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day – The nation pauses to reflect on the tireless work of Dr. King. We all can learn valuable lessons through his message of nonviolence and peace. A remarkable individual who made tremendous contributions to The Civil Rights Movement.
- Friday January 26th 11:50am Dismissal Faculty Meeting (No Afterschool or Play Study Win)
- Sunday January 28th – Friday February 2nd Catholic Schools Week ~ A flyer will be sent home highlighting all of the events scheduled for this week.
Re-registration information will be sent home by the end of this month. Please review the information and return all requested information by the due date. We encourage you to refer a family member or friend to enroll their child at our Academy. **UPK Registration will begin February 2018 more details to follow**
Please make sure you are signing into the Parent Portal to review your child’s progress, view your tuition balance, etc. For those parents who haven’t signed up, we will be sending a notice home with instructions on how to register.
With the winter months the temperature begins to change sometimes making it very challenging and cold. The students are permitted to wear their gym uniforms anytime the temperature is below 40 degrees. We also encourage you to check your emails and text messages daily as all weather related notices will be communicated utilizing Option C. If you are not receiving emails, please call the office to update your information.
In closing, if you would like to assist us with the activities planed for Catholic School’s Week, please call the office and leave your name and number. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Mrs. J. Charles